Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Terrible Fall


I was fifteen when my dad bought me my first ever motorcycle. Even though, my mom didn’t agree to this purchase. I didn’t know how to us a motorcycle when my dad come home with it. Then I slowly started to use it, it took me some time to learn how the gears work. At first, the motorcycle would always turn off on me when I tried to get it moving. After, learning how to get it moving I left like I discovered a whole new thing, I was amazed on how fast I learned how to use it.  I was excited to keep riding because it made me feel like a totally new person. I felt free and I would just enjoy my time by myself in the middle of the desert. It was a great feeling until I didn’t look up and see where I was going. Falling off a motorcycle has made me realize to be safer.
I learned how dangerous a motorcycle can be by the hard way. Off-Roading is something I enjoy doing, but since the time I fell off my ATV it has made me think twice before doing something. I had never thought that I could get hurt by doing the thing I love the most. I ended up having minor injuries in my arm and back, and I was lucky that nothing major happed. I have seen and heard of how people die or have gotten into a major accident because of the reckless use of motorcycling. For example, people that ride reckless realize how things can turn ugly in a couple of seconds, and that was what ended up happening to me. I was riding my motorcycle and I wasn’t paying attention of where and how fast I was going. I was just trying to have a good time like I always have before. All I remember is looking up and realizing that there was a steep rocky hill a couple foot away and only had a little bit of time to react. So, I ended up slamming the breaks and the tries just slip on the dirt like if it was on ice, and twisted the steering wheel so I won’t do directly toward the hill. I ended up diving off and rolled a couple of feet where I lost my helmet and I saw that I had cuts, bruises, and scratches throughout my body. By living this experience, I realize how reckless I was and didn’t really see how bad things could turn out to. I had to experience a dangerous situation to learn a lesson.
However, falling off a motorcycle wasn’t the worst part. After the fall, I didn’t know what I was doing. I just remember hearing my name being shout out repeatedly by my mom, that was scared after seeing me roll over on the dirt. When I sat down, I saw my family worried and they were asking me questions on how I felt and if I was okay, but I didn’t really know what to answer I was in shock for a couple of minutes. I just saw my shirt a bit teared and scratches on my arms. Then, I started to limp because I had sprinted my ankle when I hit the ground. My doctor had told me that I was close enough to breaking my ankle and might have needed surgery to fix it back to place.  I was freaked out that I almost broke my ankle. I honestly didn’t realize that anything bad could of happen when I ride my motorcycle. I always tend to be careful but this time things just got out of hand. When the doctor told me, what could have happened to my ankle, that was when I realize how reckless I was and thought that nothing could happen. My terrible fall was just a part of the reason that I realize how reckless I was acting. Seeing myself in pain and with scratches on my body had scar me, and hope that it doesn’t occur again.
It took me time to get back on and ride again. When I was fully recovered from the fall, I was scared to get to get back on. I would still go out with my family to the desert but I would just be sitting down all the time. My brother would ask me if I wanted to go for a turn with him, but I still had the accident stuck in my head. I guess I just didn’t want to get hurt again because it took me time to full recover. The days that my family and I would go off-roading I was tempted to just hop on and go for a long ride to feel free again. However, there was something in my head that would always held me back. The fear of living the pain again was holding me back from getting on. I was frightened of going through the same experience again, I didn’t want to hurt myself like I had done recently.  
Riding a motorcycle recklessly changed how I view life. Sadly, I do miss feel the wind hitting my face, but the accident is something that I won’t forget. It has made me change the way I act, you could say it made me a bit more mature. Since that day I have ride a bit more slower and more cautions. After, the terrible fall I manage to get over it and I was able to get back on a motorcycle again. This experience is something that will stuck with me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Table of Contents

Terrible Fall  - This was the time I fall off a motorcycle, and realize how reckless I would ride. It made me understand to be more safe...